- Re-Imagined to Ensure Your Competitive Edge in 2015 and Beyond. Completely rebuilt from the ground up with today's competitive job market in mind. Get 63 hours of brand new video tutorials, written notes for each lesson, transcripts, and 8+ in-depth, practical case studies from around the globe. Achieve the deep conceptual understanding that bankers are looking for, but rarely find - and discover how to use modeling in real life to outperform your peers on the job.
- Plus... Full Access to the Original Course. In addition to a ton of new training and case studies that you won't find anywhere else at any price, you'll also get access to the entire original Excel & Fundamentals course. That adds up to a total of 109 hours of tutorials, written notes, quick references, transcripts and more - or simply put, the most comprehensive training available on this topic!
Excel & Financial Modeling Fundamentals 3.0
- Dominate Your Interviews. The Financial Modeling Fundamentals lessons take you from A to Z in accounting, valuation, and financial modeling - and you'll get to test your knowledge by completing practice exercises along the way, and by answering the written case study questions at the end of each module.
- Prepare for IB and PE Case Studies. Everything in the course is based on case studies of real companies – now expanded to include companies in Europe, Asia, and Australia to ensure you gain a truly global perspective. You’ll know exactly what interviewers are looking for in case studies, and you'll learn how to set up your models and answer questions successfully.
- Learn by Watching with Video-Based Training. Video learning is more engaging, and there’s no substitute for watching over the shoulder of an IB veteran as they work through real-world Excel models. But it’s also helpful to have the written version, so you'll get notes in the Excel files for each lesson along with quick reference PDFs and the full, word-for-word transcripts.
- Master Excel. Whether you’re a novice or an experienced user, you’ll be a bona fide pro by the end of this course – and you’ll save hours of spreadsheet drudgery. That translates into better reviews and bigger bonuses.
- Learn Accounting, Valuation, and Merger and LBO Models. These are the fundamental skills you'll need as an Investment Banker, in Private Equity, and even at Hedge Funds - and you'll be ahead of the game by mastering them before you start working.
- Test Your Knowledge with Practice Exercises. You'll get "Before" and "After" Excel files for each lesson - follow along with the lesson, and check your answers afterward. This is a great way to learn as well as measure your progress.
- Test Yourself with In-Video Quiz Questions. 146+ in-video quiz questions allow you to test your knowledge of Excel and apply it to practical use in finance. Take the quiz as you complete the lessons. The interactive real-time questions guarantee your engagement and support quicker mastery of the concepts.
- Track Your Progress and Take Notes. You can check off each lesson as you move through the material - and take notes throughout. It’s easy to return and refresh your knowledge whenever you need to.
- Get All Your Questions Answered. You get world-class support - experienced bankers will answer your questions, comments, and emails 365 days per year (yes, even if you get a case study and you have questions on Christmas Day or New Year's).
- Course Certifications. After completing the course, you'll be eligible to take our Certification Quiz. Once you pass the quiz, you’ll receive a Certificate that you can add to your resume / CV and refer to in interviews as evidence of your knowledge and skill set.
What’s Inside the ALL NEW
BIWS Excel & Fundamentals 3.0 Course?
Over the past 5 years, Breaking Into Wall Street has helped 22,981+ students and entry-level professionals launch lucrative careers in investment banking, private equity, hedge funds, equity research, corporate finance, and related fields.
We spent over a year with our ear to the ground, analyzing every comment (over 5,622 of them) and every support email (yep, there were 3,212+ of them too) to uncover what NEW challenges BIWS members are facing in today's real-world job market.
Here’s what we discovered, and how the job market and interviews themselves have changed...
The World Has Changed... We’ve Adapted and So Must You!
- Case studies and modeling tests have become common in all types of interviews, even for 2nd year university interns. You need to be able to “talk the talk” AND demonstrate knowledge ‘on demand’ - not only as it relates to one company from one case study in one industry.
- Conceptual explanations have become critical, and you can’t answer interview questions without understanding the concepts. A lot of candidates have been memorizing responses from interview guides... so interviewers are asking more and more questions related to the concepts rather than specific facts or formulas.
- Self-testing is also crucial – yes, you can always complete the Excel files yourself, but you should be able to test yourself in multiple different ways. And, you might just want a very quick review of the key concepts so you’re confident you’ve ‘got it down.’
- You need to understand how to use modeling in real life – Many courses are "formula-focused," but knowing the formulas won't teach you how to advise clients or make money from your investment decisions in real life - the key skills you need on the job, and in interviews.
- Global deals and local differences are increasingly important - so you need to know how IFRS differs from US GAAP, how companies in different countries might do deals differently, and where to find the information regardless of which region you're in.
In response to all those changes, we developed the brand NEW version of this course that aligns with these new expectations.
You'll learn the concepts and put them into practice with companies and deals across 4 continents, and you'll complete a series of case study presentations and written responses for the major topic areas.
Plus, you'll test yourself along the way on both the concepts and the execution, with quiz questions, Excel exercises, and written documents and case study prompts.
Take a Look at What You’ll Get
Immediately After Signing Up...
Here’s specifically what the NEW Excel and Financial Modeling Fundamentals 3.0 course gives you:
- Module 1: Modeling Overview and Core Concepts
You'll learn exactly what financial modeling is and why we care about it. Understand how it applies on the job in investment banking, private equity, hedge funds, equity research, corporate finance, and more.
- Module 2: The 3 Financial Statements
We’ll explore accounting from a business perspective, and we’ll drill down using examples of our own online business to teach you how and why the 3 financial statements work the way they do – and you’ll understand how to think about the rules that link the statements.
- Module 3: Accounting Interview Questions & More
You'll get a crash course on the 4 main categories of accounting-related interview questions here, and you’ll learn about more advanced topics, such as LIFO vs. FIFO for Inventory, Operating Leases vs. Capital Leases, Unrealized Gains, Pension Accounting, Equity Investments and Non-controlling Interests, Net Operating Losses, PIK interest, and tax-related items on the financial statements.
- Module 4: Projecting the 3 Statements (Atlassian)
You will see exactly how to project the 3 financial statements of Atlassian - a private software company based in Australia – and then you’ll use your model to create an investment recommendation on the company and determine whether or not Accel and T. Rowe Price, the company’s key investors, can achieve their targeted IRRs and cash-on-cash multiples.
- Module 5: More Advanced 3-Statement Projections
In this case study, you will create more complex 3-statement projections over a 5-year period for EasyJet [LSE: EZJ], the largest airline in the UK, with over 600 routes in 32 countries. You’ll use your detailed projections to determine how much its Return on Capital Employed (ROCE) could increase by over the next 5 years, and then use the output of this exercise to make a recommendation to the Portfolio Manager at your hedge fund or asset management firm.
- Module 6: Equity Value, Enterprise Value, and Multiples
In this case study, you will analyze the financial statements of Vivendi, a leading French media and telecom conglomerate. You’ll use the information to calculate its Equity Value, Enterprise Value, and key valuation metrics and multiples. You’ll understand precisely what these numbers tell you about Vivendi’s valuation relative to its peer companies.
- Module 7: Valuation – Comparable Public Companies and
Precedent Transactions (Jazz Pharmaceuticals)
In this case study, you’ll begin to build a detailed valuation for Jazz Pharmaceuticals, a US-based healthcare company focused on “orphan drugs,” by selecting an appropriate set of comparable public companies and precedent transactions, and then running the numbers and calculating the key metrics and multiples for both sets.
- Module 8: Valuation – The Discounted Cash Flow (DCF)
Analysis (Jazz Pharmaceuticals)
You will continue with the Jazz case study and build a DCF model that supports different scenarios for Jazz’s future drug pipeline and key patent expiration dates; you will learn not only how to model Free Cash Flow and use it in a DCF, but also how to calculate WACC, Cost of Equity, Cost of Debt, and more, and how to use them when estimating a company’s discount rate.
- Module 9: How to Interpret and Use a Valuation Analysis
in Real Life (Jazz Pharmaceuticals)
We conclude the Jazz Pharmaceuticals case study, and show you how to USE a valuation in a wide variety of different roles: investment banking, equity research, hedge funds / asset management, private equity, corporate development, and more. You’ll create a client advisory presentation, equity research report, and stock pitch to support your findings.
- Module 10: M&A Deals and Merger Models (Jos. A. Bank
and Men’s Wearhouse)
In this case study, you’ll analyze the M&A deal between Jos. A. Bank and Men’s Wearhouse, two leading US-based men’s clothing retailers. You’ll make a recommendation on the purchase price and deal structure, and draw some conclusions on the possible accretion / dilution and merits of the deal.
- Module 11: More Advanced Merger Models (Suntory and
In this case study, you’ll analyze Suntory Holdings' $16 billion acquisition of Beam, the world’s 4th largest premium spirits company at the time of the acquisition. You’ll learn more advanced nuances of merger models here, including what to do for cross-border (Japan / US) deals, how to combine valuation work and M&A analysis, how to use quarterly projections in your models, and how to make a detailed recommendation to your client based on the numbers.
- Module 12: Leveraged Buyouts and LBO Models (7 Days Inn)
In this case study, you’ll analyze Carlyle’s leveraged buyout of 7 Days Inn, one of the leading business travel hotel chains in China. You’ll get a crash course on the concepts behind leveraged buyouts, and then you’ll complete a quick but accurate analysis for this deal and use it to make an investment recommendation.
- Module 13: More Advanced LBO Models (Chuck E.
You will build a more advanced LBO model for Apollo’s buyout of Chuck E. Cheese's, a US-based kids' restaurant chain, in this case study. You’ll add more advanced debt schedules and revenue/expense/CapEx assumptions to your model, and you’ll learn how options such as PIK interest, NOLs and deferred taxes, and sponsor-issued dividends impact the model. At the end, you will write an investment recommendation on the deal.
And Here’s The Full Run-Down Of EverythingYou Get In The Excel & Financial Modeling Fundamentals Course
Here's what you receive in the 109 hours of modeling content (290 videos + full transcripts):
- Financial Modeling Lessons cover Accounting 101 up through 3-Statement Models, Valuation, DCF Analysis, Merger Models, and LBO Models.
- Introductory Excel Lessons include how to set up Excel properly, navigation, data manipulation, formatting, printing, and key formulas used in finance.
- Time-Saving Excel Shortcuts. Includes Excel 2003, Excel 2007 / 2010 / 2013, and Mac Excel shortcuts.
- Accounting Fundamentals Lessons teach you how to how to answer interview questions, build a 3-statement model, and balance a balance sheet.
- Equity Value, Enterprise Value & Multiple Lessons. Cover how to calculate diluted shares, move from Equity Value to Enterprise Value, and calculate the most relevant valuation metrics and multiples.
- Valuation Lessons teach you how to pick comparable public companies and precedent transactions and how to build a DCF analysis (projections, terminal value, discount rates, and WACC).
- Merger Model Lessons cover accretion / dilution, synergies, pro-forma balance sheet adjustments, and sensitivity tables.
- LBO Model Lessons teach you both a basic model and a more advanced model with all 3 statements, pro-forma balance sheet, and debt schedules with 6 tranches of debt (Revolver to Mezzanine).
- Instant Access when you sign up because everything is delivered online - no shipping charges or trips to the post office.
Upgrade To BIWS Platinum and Save $632 Over Individual Courses
With BIWS Platinum You Get All Our Financial Modeling, Career, and
Interview Prep Courses in One Discounted Package.
- BIWS Premium Financial Modeling (Value $497)
- Investment Banking Interview Guide (Value $97)
- Oil and Gas Modeling (Value $347)
- Investment Banking Networking Toolkit (Value $97)
- Bank and FIG Modeling (Value $347)
- PowerPoint Pro (Value $97)
- Real Estate and REIT Modeling (Value $347)
Each Course includes professional support, free lifetime upgrades and the only12-Month Money-Back Guarantee in the industry.
- Professional Support
- Free Lifetime Upgrades
- 12-Month Money-Back Guarantee
Purchased separately, you would pay $1,829 for this package. But you can save $632 today by investing in BIWS Platinum for just $1,197 - and never pay another cent for your financial modeling and IB career training, ever!
$1,829 $1,197 (Save $632)
or 6 Monthly Payments of $215
or 12 Monthly Payments of $119