This video will teach you how to clean up poorly formatted data in Excel – a very common scenario when you’re working with clients in finance.
- Alt + D + E: Text to Columns
- =TRIM: Remove Extra Spaces
- =PROPER: Fix Capitalization
- Alt + E + S + F: Paste Formulas
- Alt + E + S + V: Paste Values
Note: If you are having trouble with getting the correct values to show up when pasting the =PROPER formula down, press F9 to refresh your worksheet. Also, go to Options (Alt + T + O) and then Formulas in Excel 2007 / 2010 / 2013 or Calculation in Excel 2003 and make sure calculations are set to “Automatic” rather than “Manual.”
How to Download These Files:
- In Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer:
Right click the link and click Save Link As...
- In Safari:
Right click the link and click Download Linked File As...