BIWS Oil & Gas Financial Modeling
- Master the nuances of oil and gas accounting, valuation, and financial modeling with detailed, step-by-step video training. These are skills that are NOT taught in undergraduate or MBA programs… but which any oil & gas group will expect you to know in interviews and on the job.
- Quickly grasp "real life" concepts and skills through a detailed case study of Exxon Mobil's $41 billion acquisition of XTO Energy – one of the largest and most important energy M&A deals ever. This is not "academic financial theory," but exactly what you do in real life at a bank.
- Dominate your interviews. For your convenience, we provide 15 quick reference guide PDFs and 7 Overview lessons on the topics most likely to come up in interviews. Skip to exactly what you need and review all the concepts in short order – even if your interview is tomorrow and you just found out about it 5 minutes ago.
- Learn how to use oil and gas equity research and SEC filings. Everything in the program is integrated with real SEC filings and equity research from banks like JP Morgan, Credit Suisse, and Deutsche Bank. And you'll learn exactly how to pull relevant information, adjust for non-recurring charges, and align your numbers with Wall Street consensus estimates.
- Oil & Gas Accounting, 3-Statement Modeling, Valuation, Merger Models, and LBO Models. These are the fundamental skills you'll need if you want to work in an oil & gas group in Investment Banking, Private Equity, or at a Hedge Fund. And you'll leap ahead of the curve by mastering them before you start working – plus, coverage of additional industry-specific topics such as production and reserves, the Net Asset Value (NAV) Model, and estimating the impact of hedging.
- Pick everything up fast in 3 simple steps:
1- Understand the concept behind the model.
2- Watch a pro build the model.
3- Practice building the model yourself.
- Test Your Knowledge with Practice Exercises. You'll get "Before" and "After" Excel files for each lesson - follow along with the lesson, and then check your answers afterward.
- Get Instant Access. Since everything is delivered online, you get Instant Access to everything as soon as you sign up. No delays, scheduling conflicts, or packages in the mail to worry about.
- Track Your Progress and Take Notes. Thanks to our custom-designed online learning platform, you can check off each lesson as you go and take notes on all the lessons for your future reference.
- Expert Support. We have a team of experienced investment bankers standing by to respond to your questions, comments, and emails 365 days per year, for a full 24 months after purchase. There are some limitations on this service – we can’t do your homework for you – but career-related, qualitative, and technical questions are covered.
- Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee. BIWS Oil & Gas Modeling is the only financial modeling training program of its kind to come with an unconditional 90-Day Money-Back Guarantee.
- Course Certifications. After completing the course material, you’re eligible to take our Certification Quiz. Once you pass the quiz, you’ll be issued a Certificate that you can add to your resume / CV and refer to in interviews. So you won’t just possess these skills, but you’ll be able to prove you possess these skills. Bankers love that.
- MEGA BONUS: In-Depth Investment / Stock Pitch Case Study of Ultra Petroleum (UPL). This case study shows you exactly how to make an investment recommendation for an oil & gas company - from gathering data to setting up a complex NAV model to determining catalysts and risk factors. It's the exact type of exercise you'll have to comp lete in equity research, hedge fund, and asset management interviews... and this case study goes into so much depth that employers and interviewers will be blown away by your work.
Gain Official Recognition of Your Training With BIWS Certifications
After completing the course materials, you’ll be eligible to take our challenging Certification Quiz. Once you earn a score of at least 90%, you’ll be issued a personalized Certificate of Achievement with your name, the course name, and the date you passed the quiz:
Add your Certificate of Achievement to your resume/CV and/or present it in interviews to set yourself apart from other candidates.
We also make sure employers know that this is a serious qualification: Your certificate will contain a link where prospective employers can review what’s on our exams and what you must master to receive certification.
Unlike other training companies that “issue certifications,” our process is completely transparent: you can literally point to the exact questions you had to answer to pass the quiz and become certified.
Once interviewers see you really do have the "chops" to be a banker, your chances of hiring success go way, WAY up.
Access Your Training Instantly
Everything in the BIWS Oil & Gas Modeling Course is delivered online – no deliveries to wait on and worry about, you get instant access when you sign up. And you’ll get FREE updates as they're created, as well as Lifetime Access to the entire course content.
Once your BIWS Oil & Gas Modeling order is complete, you'll receive an email with login instructions - follow the simple instructions and you'll be able to access all 95 videos and Quick Reference Guides immediately.
In-Depth Investment / Stock Pitch Case Studyof Ultra Petroleum [UPL] and its $650 Million Acquisition of Acreage in the Uinta Basin of Utah (Worth $350)
It’s not an exaggeration to say this bonus case study really is an entire new course.
In fact, there’s a good chance that you’ll get more value and more of a benefit from this bonus case study than from all the lessons in the rest of the course, combined!
Whenever you go in for interviews at hedge funds, asset management firms, or equity research groups at banks, you’ll get variations of a single question over and over again:
"Pitch me a stock."
"Pitch me a long/short investment idea."
"Which oil & gas company should I invest in?"
"This case study shows you, in excruciating detail, exactly how to build a financial model and form an investment thesis to answer these questions."
In fact, even for transaction-oriented roles such as investment banking and private equity, you’ll still frequently get questions about investment ideas...
And even if you’re not investing in these companies, you still need to understand the granular details that investors review when making decisions.
What It Is
The case study walks you through a full, complex Net Asset Value (NAV) analysis of Ultra Petroleum, an independent E&P company that operates primarily in Wyoming and Pennsylvania.
We go through their $650 million acquisition of oil-producing wells and acreage in Utah, and we show you how to build a complex NAV model to determine what the company’s implied value, post-acquisition, might be.
What does “complex” mean?
The last part is what’s missing from every other financial modeling “training program” / book / overpriced classroom seminar out there.
Yes, they show you the formulas... and the mechanics of where to get a few of the numbers (well, sometimes)... maybe you’ll get sample spreadsheets and some video tutorials on parts of it...
But No One Ever Explains Why
Financial Modeling Matters in the First Place!
Put simply, there are only 2 reasons to value companies and build financial models:
- 1 Because you’re on the sell-side (e.g., investment banking), and you want to sell your client(s) more effectively to potential buyers.
- 2 Because you’re on the buy-side (e.g., hedge funds and asset management), and you want to invest your own funds to earn a profit.
The main course here – the Exxon Mobil / XTO Energy case study – is more about the first case, when you’re acting as the advisor in an M&A deal and seeking a good price for your client.
This bonus case study is all about case #2 – how to analyze a company, determine whether it’s undervalued or overvalued, and if there’s potential to make money from it.
- covers Data Gathering & Assumptions and shows you how to find data on the company’s acreage, reserves, and production, and how to project future net wells drilled by region – plus, how to find data on operating expenses, reserve credits, and price deck scenarios.
- shows you how to project the PDP and PDNP production in Wyoming and Pennsylvania, from approximating the production decline rate to revenue, expenses, CapEx, and cash flow.
- shows you how to project new wells drilled in the PUD, PROB, and POSS locations, including how to link the # of wells drilled to oil/gas prices, how to approximate the average well’s IP rate and decline rates, how to aggregate production, and how to roll up revenue, expenses, and cash flow across all regions.
- teaches you how to factor in the Utah acquisition, approximate the production decline curves there, and how to model existing production and new production - all on the same spreadsheet.
- shows you how to build your own investment thesis, starting from the NAV output and then incorporating the qualitative factors; you’ll also learn how to model the impact of hedging, book vs. cash taxes, and additional assets and acreage for use in the NAV per share calculation.
Here’s the Bottom-Line About This Bonus Case Study…
If you went to Amazon.com and purchased every single book you could find on the oil & gas industry…
And then you signed up for every single oil & gas-related in-person seminar and/or financial modeling training program you could find…
You would still NOT be able to learn what you can learn here.
How can I be confident enough to make a statement like that?
Because I did all of that myself before creating this bonus case study.
I ordered stacks of books and training programs on Oil & Gas, all to answer one simple question: would any of it help me with crafting this case study?
And the answer, surprisingly, was no.
Sure, there were some helpful bits of information scattered throughout… some bite-sized chunks there and there that helped with parts of it... but nothing that put together all the pieces in a coherent way.
So I ended up getting real models from previous students of our courses who started out in investment banking and have since moved to hedge funds or other buy-side roles.
They were generous enough to share their materials, models, and case studies - exactly what they used in real life, on the job.
And so this bonus course is based on that.
Actual Models & Real Case Studies - 100% Practical
It’s not academic theory, simplified classroom demonstrations, or random textbooks on obscure accounting concepts that you’ll neveruse - but rather the actual models and case studies that candidates used to interview and successfully win offers at some of the biggest buy-side funds around.
That’s the difference between the BIWS courses and everything else out there: these courses are based on what has helped students and professionals the most in the real world.
What’s In It for You?
"You’ll learn how to critically evaluate companies as an experienced sector analyst would"
Of course, you can use the models and templates here in your own interviews and case studies, or even to impress on the job and get promoted more quickly.
But it’s about more than that: if you’re investing your own funds and you’re interested in the oil & gas sector, you’ll learn how to critically evaluate companies as an experienced sector analyst would.
So regardless of how you use the course, the outcome is the same: higher earnings potential.
You get that via more lucrative job offers and faster promotion, or via more effective strategies for deploying your own capital.
These lessons are also faster-paced and more information-packed than those in the main course, because we assume that you’ve already mastered the introductory material – meaning that you get an even better result in a fraction of the time.
What to Do Next
Take A Sneak Peek Inside Our Custom-
Designed Interactive Learning Portal
Click on the videos below to see for yourself exactly the content and
style of instruction you'll get after you sign up:
Here's a sample video from the Operating Model module on how to
project revenue and the impact of commodity price hedging:
And here's another sample video from the NAV Model modules on how
to approximate the decline rate for a Proved Undeveloped (PUD) well:
Here's a final sample video on how to calculate
and interpret NAV per share:
Add to cart
Just 1 Payment of $497
100% Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee