Breaking Into Wall Street Premium
- Learn by watching video-based training to master the Accounting, Valuation, and Financial Modeling skills that are not taught at the undergraduate or graduate levels... but which you’d better know if you want to beat out the competition for the best jobs in investment banking, private equity, and hedge funds.
- Understand how financial modeling and valuation are done in the real world... not how academics think they should be done. Interviewers will LOVE it when you can recount the details of real deals and companies, such as Wal-Mart, Atlassian, EasyJet, Vivendi, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Chuck E. Cheese's, Netflix, Microsoft / Yahoo!, and more.
- Dominate your interviews and beat out the other guy. You'll not only get up to speed with practical financial modeling… but you'll also get to test your knowledge with practice Excel exercises, quiz questions, and written case study prompts. More than 22,981+ customers from 81+ countries have already used this knowledge to ace their banking interviews and outperform on the job. You can be next.
- Master Excel. Whether you’re a novice or an experienced user, you’ll be a bona fide pro by the end of this course – and you’ll save hours of spreadsheet drudgery. That translates into better reviews and bigger bonuses... and more lucrative exit opportunities, of course.
- Re-Imagined to Ensure Your Competitive Edge in Today's Market. Completely rebuilt from the ground up with today's competitive job market in mind. Get dozens of brand-new video tutorials, written notes for each lesson, transcripts, and 10+ in-depth, practical case studies from around the globe. Achieve the deep conceptual understanding that bankers are looking for, but rarely find - and discover how to use modeling in real life to outperform your peers on the job.
- Learn Accounting, Valuation, and Merger and LBO Models. These are the fundamental skills you'll need in investment banking, private equity, and hedge funds - and you'll be ahead of the game by mastering them before you start working. To put it another way... in this market, NOT having these skills is practically like wearing a big red sign saying “DON’T PICK ME” to an interview.
- Everything is Designed From the Ground Up for Fast Online Learning and Maximum Ease of Mastery and Retention. Unlike other "online courses," this is NOT rehashed classroom training or pre-recorded lectures – it's designed from the ground up to get you practicing in Excel as much as possible from day 1.
- Track Your Progress and Take Notes. You can check off each lesson as you move through the material - and take notes throughout. It’s easy to return and refresh your knowledge whenever you need to do so. You can also bookmark your exact progress in each lesson and create Playlists of the key lessons you want to review.
- Get All Your Questions Answered. You get world-class support - experienced bankers will answer your questions, comments, and emails 365 days per year (Yes, even if you get a case study and you have questions on Christmas Day or New Year's).
- Unconditional 12-Month Money-Back Guarantee. We’re so convinced BIWS Premium is the most practical and effective program of its kind that it comes with an unconditional guarantee for 12 months. That’s how much we believe in these courses.
- Course Certifications. After completing the course material, you’re eligible to take our Certification Quiz. Once you pass the quiz, you’ll receive a Certificate that you can add to your resume / CV and refer to in interviews. So you won’t just possess these skills; you’ll be able to prove that you possess these skills.
- BIWS Premium comes with 8+ additional bonus case studies based on real deals so you can really "step straight to the front of the line"during hiring season.
What You Get - And What BIWS Premium Will Do For You...
Take a Look at What You’ll Get
Immediately After Signing Up...
Here’s what the Excel and Financial Modeling Fundamentals course gives you:
Excellence with Excel CourseThe Excel course consists of 2 case studies: one for a 3-statement model and valuation of Wal-Mart, and one based on an analysis of customer due diligence data; both of these cases will teach you navigation, formatting, and formulas in Excel up through more advanced topics, such as dynamic charts and graphs and introductory VBA and macros.
Module 1: Modeling Overview and Core ConceptsYou'll learn exactly what financial modeling is and why we care about it. Understand how it applies to real life on-the-job, in investment banking, private equity, hedge funds, equity research, corporate finance, and more.
Module 2: The 3 Financial StatementsWe’ll explore accounting from a business perspective. We’ll drill down using examples of our BIWS online business to teach you how and why the 3 financial statements work the way they do – and you’ll understand how to think about their rules at the most sophisticated level.
Module 3: Accounting Interview Questions & More Advanced TopicsYou'll get a crash course on the 4 main categories of accounting-related interview questions. Plus, you’ll learn about more advanced topics, such as LIFO vs. FIFO for Inventory, Operating Leases vs. Capital Leases, Unrealized Gains, Pension Accounting, Equity Investments and Non-controlling Interests, Net Operating Losses, PIK interest, and tax-related items on the financial statements.
Module 4: Projecting the 3 Statements (Atlassian)You will see exactly how to project the 3 financial statements of Atlassian - a private software company based in Australia – and then you’ll use your model to create an investment recommendation on the company and determine whether or not Accel and T. Rowe Price, the company’s key investors, can achieve their targeted IRRs and cash-on-cash multiples.
Module 5: More Advanced 3-Statement Projections (EasyJet)In this case study, you will create more complex 3-statement projections over a 5-year period for EasyJet [LSE: EZJ], the largest airline in the UK, with over 600 routes in 32 countries. You’ll use your detailed projections to determine how much its Return on Capital Employed (ROCE) could increase by over the next 5 years, and then use the output of this exercise to make a recommendation to the Portfolio Manager at your hedge fund or asset management firm.
Module 6: Equity Value, Enterprise Value, and Multiples (Vivendi)In this case study, you will analyze the financial statements of Vivendi, a leading French media and telecom conglomerate. You’ll use the information to calculate its Equity Value, Enterprise Value, and key valuation metrics and multiples. You’ll understand precisely what these numbers tell you about Vivendi’s valuation relative to its peer companies.
Module 7: Valuation – Comparable Public Companies and Precedent Transactions (Jazz Pharmaceuticals)In this case study, you’ll begin to build a detailed valuation for Jazz Pharmaceuticals, a US-based healthcare company focused on “orphan drugs,” by selecting an appropriate set of comparable public companies and precedent transactions, and then running the numbers and calculating the key metrics and multiples for both sets.
Module 8: Valuation – The Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) Analysis (Jazz Pharmaceuticals)You will continue with the Jazz case study and build a DCF model that supports different scenarios for Jazz’s future drug pipeline and key patent expiration dates; you will learn not only how to model Free Cash Flow and use it in a DCF, but also how to calculate WACC, Cost of Equity, Cost of Debt, and more, and how to use them when estimating a company’s discount rate.
Module 9: How to Interpret and Use a Valuation Analysis in Real Life (Jazz Pharmaceuticals)We conclude the Jazz Pharmaceuticals case study, and show you how to USE a valuation in a wide variety of different roles: investment banking, equity research, hedge funds / asset management, private equity, corporate development, and more. You’ll create a client advisory presentation, equity research report, and stock pitch to support your findings.
Module 10: M&A Deals and Merger Model (Jos. A. Bank and Men’s Wearhouse)In this case study, you’ll analyze the M&A deal between Jos. A. Bank and Men’s Wearhouse, two leading US-based men’s clothing retailers. You’ll make a recommendation on the purchase price and deal structure, and draw some conclusions on the possible accretion / dilution and merits of the deal.
Module 11: More Advanced Merger Models (Suntory and Beam)In this case study, you’ll analyze Suntory Holding’s $16 billion acquisition of Beam, the world’s 4th largest premium spirits company at the time of the acquisition. You’ll learn more advanced nuances of merger models here, including what to do for cross-border (Japan / US) deals, how to combine valuation work and M&A analysis, how to use quarterly projections in your models, and how to make a detailed recommendation to your client based on the numbers.
Module 12: Leveraged Buyouts and LBO Models (7 Days Group Holdings)In this case study, you’ll analyze Carlyle’s leveraged buyout of 7 Days Group Holdings, one of the leading business travel hotel chains in China. You’ll get a crash course on the concepts behind leveraged buyouts, and then you’ll complete a quick but accurate analysis for this deal and use it to make an investment recommendation.
Module 13: More Advanced LBO Models (Chuck E. Cheese)You will build a more advanced LBO model for Apollo’s buyout of Chuck E. Cheese, a US-based restaurant chain, using the case study. You’ll add more advanced debt schedules and revenue/expense/CapEx assumptions to your model, and you’ll learn how options such as management rollovers, debt refinancing, and excess cash impact the model. At the end, you will write an investment recommendation on the deal.
Module 14: Private Companies, IPOs, and Reverse Mergers (Kakao / Daum)In this case study, you will learn all about private company valuation and financial modeling via Kakao’s reverse merger with Daum Communications (two Internet/mobile companies in South Korea). You'll learn how to make adjustments for private companies, how to model an initial public offering (IPO), and how to advise the company on a reverse merger vs. traditional M&A deal vs. IPO.
Module 15: Debt, Equity & Convertibles (Netflix)In this case study, you'll advise Netflix on the best way to secure the $1.5 billion it needs to fund its international expansion efforts. You'll build a 3-statement model for the company with multiple scenarios, analyze its credit stats and ratios and covenants, and analyze bond yields, duration, convexity, call and put options, make-whole calls, refinancing options, and more. You'll also value a possible convertible bond, analyze its payoff profile and dilution, create a follow-on equity proceeds analysis, and draft a credit memo and longer advisory presentation for the company.
And Here’s What You Get In the Advanced Modeling Course, Based ona Case Study of One of the Most Important M&A Deals Of All Time...
- Advanced Operating Model Lessons teach you how to create a detailed three-statement model, including revenue and expense builds, noncontrolling and equity interests, PP&E schedules, deferred taxes, and quarterly projections.
- Advanced Valuation Lessons cover how to spread comps, adjust for non-recurring charges, calendarize financials, how to value NOLs and equity investments, and how to complete advanced DCF analysis including mid-year discounts and stub periods; you'll also learn future share price analysis, sum-of-the-parts valuation, and liquidation valuation.
- Advanced Merger Model teaches you how to combine multiple scenarios, advanced purchase price allocation, how to calculate revenue and expense synergies by segment, and book/cash taxes and Section 382 NOLs.
- Advanced LBO Model covers how to change an operating model into an LBO model and how to incorporate seven debt tranches and multiple capital structure scenarios, plus an advanced debt schedule with mandatory and optional repayments.
- Sample Pitch Book and deal commentary, including what happened in real life and why the deal did not ultimately work out.
WE BASED EVERYTHING IN BIWS PREMIUM ON WHAT INVESTMENT BANKERS ACTUALLY DO IN REAL LIFE:
- The Excellence with Excel lessons are based on two real-life case studies: 1) Customer Due Diligence Data - How to format, manipulate, and analyze it; and 2) Wal-Mart - How to manipulate and format a 3-statement model and valuation.
- The Financial Modeling Fundamentals lessons are based on 10+ case studies from the US and around the world - including Atlassian (Australia), EasyJet (UK), Vivendi (France), Jazz Pharmaceuticals (US), Men's Warehouse / Jos. A Bank (US), Suntory / Beam (Japan and US), 7 Days Inn (China), Chuck E. Cheese's (US), Kakao / Daum (Korea), and Netflix (US).
- The Advanced Modeling lessons are based on a case study of Microsoft's proposed $44B acquisition of Yahoo!, and a full operating model, valuation, M&A analysis, and LBO analysis of the company.
- ...and you'll get bonus case studies and tutorials on Intel's $8B acquisition of McAfee, ConAgra's $5B bid for Ralcorp, and TPG's $3B leveraged buyout of J Crew (and more - see the bottom of this page for the full description).
THROUGH THESE CASE STUDIES, YOU'LL LEARN HOW TO:
- Use Excel and master all the shortcuts for ANY version of Excel on ANY operating system (when you can “slice and dice” in Excel like the best, you’ll save hours every week right there).
- Build a detailed operating model, including revenue and expense projections and detailed PP&E and deferred tax schedules.
- Value a company and learn how to adjust for non-recurring charges in public comps and M&A comps, build an advanced DCF, and use methodologies such as future share price analysis, sum-of-the-parts, and liquidation valuation.
- Create advanced merger models and LBO models - purchase price allocation, revenue/expense synergies, book/cash taxes, Section 382 NOLs, 7 debt tranches, and multiple scenarios.
- Use real 10-K/10-Q filings and real equity research from Morgan Stanley, Credit Suisse, and other banks.
As Used By Students and Graduates of Top
Academic and Financial Institutions
The information you'll find is so detailed and so thorough that our regular customers come from top-ranked universities (like Harvard, Yale, Princeton, MIT, LSE, Oxford, Cambridge, and over 121+ other schools), investment banks, and business schools.
And this is a course you can put on your resume/CV to make sure the interviewer knows what you can bring to the table.
(In fact, inside the course we provide a template for the language to use on your resume or CV so you can leverage this course as effectively as possible!)
You can even print out the models from BIWS Premium, bring them with you to interviews, and use them to describe exactly what you learned.
After all, if you DON’T set yourself apart and make yourself memorable in interviews, chances are you might get passed over for someone else who probably isn't even as smart or determined as you... but who had the right strategy and stood out more effectively.
And here's one more powerful way
to set yourself apart from the pack…
Access Your Training Instantly
The entire Breaking Into Wall Street course is delivered online - no deliveries to wait on and worry about, and you get instant access when you sign up. You also get FREE updates as they're released, as well as lifetime access to all the lessons.
Once your BIWS order is complete, you'll receive an email with login instructions - follow the simple instructions and you'll be able to access all the videos, Excel files, transcripts, and Quick Start Guides immediately.
Hear What Our Customers Have to SayAbout Their Results with BIWS Premium
At last count, over 22,981+ students, entry-level professionals, and career changers have used Breaking Into Wall Street to master modeling, win interviews, and break into high-paying jobs in investment banking, private equity, hedge funds, equity research, and more.
Take a look at what some of them have to say (these are actual unedited email screenshots… a few details have been blacked out to protect customers' privacy.)
These are just a few examples of customers who've used this program to land the job of their dreams in investment banking. You could be next!
And here's a sample video from the AdvancedModeling lessons so you can see exactly what you get for your "on the job" prep:
Here's a sample video from the Financial Modeling Fundamentals course (introductory-level material), so you can see for yourself exactly what you get:
Here’s The Full Run-Down of EverythingYou Get In BIWS Premium
Here's what you receive in the 440 videos (plus full transcripts, written notes, Excel files, and more):
- Introductory Excel Lessons include how to set up Excel properly, navigation, data manipulation, formatting, printing, and key formulas used in finance.
- Advanced Excel Lessons teach you lookup, array, and database functions, scenarios, iterations and circular references, error handling, graphs and charts, and introduce you to VBA, macros, form controls, custom shortcuts, and user-defined functions.
- Time-Saving Excel Shortcuts. Covers shortcuts that work on any modern version of Excel - on both the PC and Mac versions.
- Financial Modeling Fundamentals Lessons cover NPV and the time value of money, accounting, 3-statement modeling, equity value and enterprise value, valuation via public comps and precedent transactions, DCF analysis, merger models, and LBO models (including both introductory and more advanced models).
- Operating Model Lessons teach you how to create a detailed three-statement model, including revenue and expense builds, non-controlling and equity interests, PP&E schedules, deferred taxes, and quarterly projections.
- Valuation Lessons cover how to spread comps, adjust for non-recurring charges, calendarize financials, value NOLs and equity investments - plus how to complete advanced DCF analysis, including mid-year discounts and stub periods. You'll also learn about future share price analysis, sum-of-the-parts valuation, and liquidation valuation.
- Advanced Merger Model shows you how to combine multiple scenarios, advanced purchase price allocation, how to calculate revenue and expense synergies by segment, and book/cash taxes and Section 382 NOLs.
- Advanced LBO Model covers how to change an operating model into an LBO model, seven debt tranches, multiple capital structure scenarios, plus an advanced debt schedule with mandatory and optional repayments.
- Sample Pitch Book, including deal commentary and what happened afterward in real life. There are example investment recommendations, client advisory presentations, and a detailed stock pitch in our global case studies as well.
- Instant Access when you sign up because everything is delivered online - no shipping charges or trips to the post office.
- Free Lifetime Updates and Support. And much, much more...
What’s Your Investment In BIWS Premium?
And let’s make it EVEN EASIER for you to try BIWS Premium today...
Here’s What Will Happen Within Minutes Of You Signing Up
Once you sign up, you’ll immediately have access to the 440 instructional videos, complete transcripts, all the Excel files, the bonus case studies, and the complete curriculum. And you’ll have access to our expert support team to ask whatever questions you need, 365 days a year.
This is the most comprehensive and most practical financial modeling training around, at the best price, with the best support, and with the best guarantee. This is as risk-free as an offer can come.
In fact, the ONLY risk is that you might go into an interview without having taken this course - and the candidate next to you has.
The next move is up to you.
You can hope that an investment bank hires you without Excel and financial modeling skills... good luck to you there...
Or you can confidently tell banks you've invested in the most advanced financial modeling and Excel training based on 10+ global case studies, authored by experienced investment bankers who have worked on dozens of deals.
I know you'll make the right choice.
Upgrade To BIWS Platinum and Save $982 Over Individual Courses
With BIWS Platinum You Get All Our Financial Modeling, Career, and
Interview Prep Courses in One Discounted Package.
- BIWS Premium Financial Modeling (Value $497)
- Investment Banking Interview Guide (Value $197)
- Oil and Gas Modeling (Value $497)
- Investment Banking Networking Toolkit (Value $97)
- Bank and FIG Modeling (Value $497)
- PowerPoint Pro (Value $197)
- Real Estate and REIT Modeling (Value $497)
Each Course includes professional support, free lifetime upgrades and the only12-Month Money-Back Guarantee in the industry.
- Professional Support
- Free Lifetime Upgrades
- 12-Month Money-Back Guarantee
Purchased separately, you would pay $2,479 for this package. But you can save $982 today by investing in BIWS Platinum for just $1,497 - and never pay another cent for your financial modeling and IB career training, ever!
$2,479 $1,497 (Save $982)
or 6 Monthly Payments of $265
or 12 Monthly Payments of $144
Get Unlimited Access To BIWS PremiumAdd to Cart
100% Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee