REIT Dispositions and Discontinued Operations
In this video, you will learn how to project income from discontinued operations for AvalonBay, including the gain or loss on the sale of real estate assets and net income from those assets. You will also learn how these assumptions affect the rest of the model, including the impact of dispositions on AvalonBay’s real estate assets in other segments.
- Disposition Projections - After
- Disposition Projections - Before
- AvalonBay - Disposition Information from 10-K
- AvalonBay - 10-K
- AvalonBay - Financial Statements
- AvalonBay - Real Estate Segments
- AvalonBay - Citi Equity Research Quick Reference Guides
- REIT Financial Statements - Quick Reference Guide
- Properties to REITs - Quick Reference Guide
- View Larger Video
- Download Larger Video
- Download iPad Version
- Download iPhone Version
- Download iPod Version
Note to Lesson Above:
Remember that we’re including both the gain or loss on sale of communities and land in these numbers.
That is why they do not match what’s on the income statement under discontinued operations. They match the cash flow statement numbers since the CFS includes gains and losses on everything (both land and communities).